Grace International School is a quality, affordable Christian school in Chiang Mai, Thailand. GIS exists so that international Christian workers are enabled to remain abroad due to the educational and spiritual needs of their children being met. These needs include access to distance education support, adaptive instruction, and tools that enable students to grow in their personal faith journey with the Lord.
The Vision of Grace International School is that every student will know who they are in Christ, that they will experience a quality education in an inspiring learning environment, and that they will be equipped with a Biblical worldview to impact the world for Christ.
Our Core Values are:
- To Follow Jesus
- To Pursue Excellence
- To Cultivate Community
- To Partner with Parents
- To Enable International Christian Workers
Enable | Equip | Cultivate
- Enable families to serve by offering a quality, affordable education
- Equip students through a biblically-integrated education to engage their community
- Cultivate a diverse GIS community that partners and cares for one another
Statement of Faith
Grace International School is committed to consistent Biblical Christianity as expressed in the following statement of faith. It is non-denominational in character.
- We believe that the Bible is inspired and inerrant, that all 66 books of the Old and New Testament are God’s complete written revelation to mankind, the only infallible authority in all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe in one triune God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, the same in substance and equal in power and glory.
- We believe in the complete humanity and deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, bodily resurrection, ascension to the right hand of the Father, and future personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells and empowers all believers and enables them to live a godly life.
- We believe that through Adam’s sin all have inherited a sinful nature and therefore all choose to sin. All are thus sinners and deserving of death.
- We believe that salvation of lost and sinful man is only by the grace of God through personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ alone, accomplished through the regeneration by the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that our sins block our fellowship with God. As we confess those sins, God forgives us and our fellowship is restored.
- We believe in the resurrection of the body, the judgment of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal blessedness of the saved, and the eternal punishment of the lost.
Philosophy of Equipping
Grace International School (GIS) recognizes that each student is unique and complex, created in God’s image. Our desire is that students leave GIS having the understanding (head) to evaluate life from a Christ-centered worldview, the ability to move toward Christ-centered truth in their relationships (heart), and the skills to serve (hands) within the communities or vocation in which God places them.
In light of this, our philosophy of equipping goes beyond academics. Fulfilling our mission compels us to address the GOALs (Head, Heart, and Hands) of each student. Academics*, educational support services, spiritual instruction and guidance, homeschooling support services, athletics, extracurricular activities, and service opportunities all help students grow into the men and women God has called them to be.
*Language Arts, Maths, Science, Social Studies, the Arts, Foreign Languages, Physical Education, Religious Studies, Technology & Design
GLOBAL OBJECTIVES FOR ALL LEARNERS (GOALs)
While acquiring a foundation of knowledge and skills, GIS students are becoming:
God Seekers who . . .
- Know essential biblical truths and concepts
- Pursue a genuine relationship with God
- Choose to participate in biblical community
Image Bearers who . . .
- Understand their personal identity from God’s perspective
- Cultivate healthy interpersonal relationships
- Choose a balanced and healthy lifestyle
Passionate Learners who . . .
- Take responsibility for life-long growth in knowledge and skills
- Display teachable attitudes
Critical Thinkers who . . .
- Apply diverse problem solving processes to real-life situations
- Evaluate issues and worldviews in terms of biblical truths
- Communicate effectively and wisely through a variety of forms
Global Citizens who . . .
- Serve others compassionately and advocate for the oppressed
- Exhibit genuine respect and cultural sensitivity
- Exercise stewardship of personal and global resources
- Work as team members, whether as leaders or followers
- Impact their world by applying biblical truth