Grace International School Admissions
The information in the tabs below will guide you.
It is not possible to accommodate unscheduled appointments or tours. So please click the Request More Information link above before making the trip to our campus. We would not want you to travel all the way to us just to be disappointed.
*Due to our delayed return to campus, our admissions process for the 2022/23 school year will begin later than normal. Please have patience as it may take longer than usual for us to respond to your emails. We hope to get back to you by mid-February and look forward to answering your questions.
3 SIMPLE STEPS TO GIS ADMISSIONS ( Grade K-6 )
Whether you’re crossing oceans to move to Chiang Mai or are just a short drive away, choosing a school is an important decision. Our admissions process is simple, personal, and convenient. You can spend less time worrying about requirements and more time discovering what the GIS community is all about.
We have 2 Tracks for the Admissions Process depending on which grade level your child is entering.
Please follow the chart below for specific information and steps to guide you through the process.
*Applications for the 2022/23 school year are now open.
**New student applications received before May 1st , 2022 are given priority but many grades are already full.
All parents wishing to apply after May 1 will be considered on a case by case basis.
*If your child is receiving learning support services, speech and language therapy, occupational therapy, or any other support services for learning, behavior, or wellness – Please let us know before you start this process. We will start communicating with you about your child’s particular needs and let you know what documentation to include in your child’s application. There may be additional steps involved.
STEP 1 – PRE-APPLICATION
Email the Admissions Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org and inquire about openings.
Admissions Interview, Reading and Writing Sample
- 10-20 minute interview
- 15-20 minute reading and writing sample.
- For non-native English speakers, this also helps determine basic English readiness and qualification.
Official Elementary Principal Interview
- This includes a 20 minute interview with the Elementary Principal and is usually scheduled in February and March.
Entrance Exams – 3,000 Baht Fee
- Grades K-1 (KRA/G1RA) – All prospective students applying for Kindergarten and Grade 1 are required to take the Kindergarten/Grade 1 Readiness Assessment. Scheduling is done through the Admissions Office.
- Grades 2-6 – U.S. Standardized Test – Required for all incoming students applying for grades 2-6. If you do not have one, a test can be scheduled with our Admissions Office.
- All Non-Native English Speakers: English Proficiency Exam – Required for all non-native English speaking students applying for grades 1-6. Students will be assessed in their English speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills. Testing dates are scheduled February – April each school year for all students who pass the initial English Language Screening
- Wait Pool – Non-Partner applicants who pass the entrance exam, may be placed in a Wait Pool to be evaluated in April. Our seats in each grade level are limited and Partner NGOs have priority.
STEP 2 – APPLICATION
New Student Application – 2,000 Baht Fee
- We must receive all required documentation and payment before we can process an application.
- Submission of an application does not guarantee admission.
- Students’ eligibility for enrollment will be reviewed based on documentation submitted by their parents/guardian and references.
- Wait Pool Applicants – Applicants placed in the Wait Pool will receive an application link after April 15th and decisions will be made beginning May 2nd using all the information in their admissions portfolio. Our Admissions Coordinator can explain more about this process if needed.
**See Chart below for what is required to complete the New Student Application.
- Applications go through a final academic review process. Once final approval is given, the students application is sent to GIS Health Services for medical clearance.
- Applications are sent to Health Services for review. They will send you the Physical Exam Form, tuberculosis screening policy, and any vaccinations still needed. After a physician completes the physical exam, please send copies of the form and any new vaccine records back to Health Services.
- Please review our GIS Vaccination Policy and note that we do not allow for non-medical vaccination exemptions.
- Once you have finished this process your application is returned to the Admissions office. All documentation must be submitted to Health Services before an acceptance letter can be issued.
STEP 3 – ACCEPTANCE & ENROLLMENT
Official Acceptance and Enrollment Fees Due
- Once a student’s application is approved by the Admissions Team and receives full medical clearance, his/her parents will be sent an official letter of acceptance. If a child does not meet the requirements for any reason, a letter of explanation will be sent.
- A letter of acceptance does NOT guarantee a student’s place in Grace International School. A student’s place is guaranteed only when the entrance fee is paid. The entrance fee is due within four weeks of the date on the acceptance letter or the student’s first day of school, whichever is first.
- Submit your Student Acceptance Form to the Registrar and pay your entrance fee as described under Tuition & Fees
Student Visa Process Begins
- All applicants must verify non-immigrant visa status.
- Entrance fee, capitalization fee, and full year tuition must be paid before a visa package can be processed.
- Submit the Visa Request Form to Khun Numpheng (email@example.com) in our visa department to receive the documentation necessary to apply for a non-immigrant visa.
- For more information, see our Visa Requirements.
Final Registration and Welcome
- Principal sends a letter of introduction to families in July with class assignments and additional information.
- Parents send Registrar the final academic records (semester or year transcript from current school).
- In July, you will receive an invitation to join our New Family Welcome. This is usually scheduled the week before the start of the new academic school year.
|What Will You Need for The Application:|