The Chiang Mai Governor Office issued a new order on April 20, 2021. The order (40/2021) takes effect from 21 April 2021 onward. No end date was provided.
*This is an English translation of the order. These are not mandates from GIS.* Below is a summary of pertinent information:
- This order cancels the order no. 32/2021 dated 8th April 2021
- People traveling into Chiang Mai are required to fill in the CM Chana application or form CM1 / CM2.
- People who travel from high risk zones (Bangkok, Samut Prakarn, Samut Sakorn, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Udon Thani, Khon Kaen, Nakhon Rachasima, Sa Kaew, Prachuap Kiri Khan, Chonburi, Rayong, Phuket, Songkhla, Nakhon Pathom, Tak, Supanburi) must do this:
- Report to the Disease Control Officer immediately and follow the suggestions generated by the CM Chana application. If no messages were received, please call 0848052121 or 0848053131.
- The person will be under the supervision of Disease Control for observation for 14 days. The person will be required to document his or her daily record to self-monitor following the CM3 form. If the person needs to leave his or her home for any reason, the person will be required to provide evidence as for the reason to the Disease Control Officer or the appointed person from the Disease Control Office for their approval.
- People who travel from other provinces other than the high risk zone must do this:
- Follow the guidelines given by CM Chana app.
- Self monitoring and report to the local Disease Control Officer immediately when they feel sick.
- The Disease Control Office in each district will appoint district volunteers to help with monitoring in their areas.
- Hotels, apartments, or similar businesses will collect information about their visitors and check if they have registered with CM Chana application and report to the Disease Control Officer in the area.
- Any previous order from the Disease Control Office that is in conflict with this order will be overruled.